Eczema and your child
We know that caring for a child (or children) with eczema can be challenging. If your child has been recently diagnosed with eczema, dealing with it will still be new to you and you may be looking for more information and support.
If you're the parent or carer of a child with long standing eczema, we hope this site will reinforce some of what you already know, as well as provide you with further information, practical tips and valuable support. It is important that you understand eczema and how it is treated, so that you can help your child to understand their condition too.
- Find out all you need to know about eczema
- Learn about how treatment works and why establishing a daily emollient routine is so important
- See what's in each of our children's zones and how they can help your child to take control of their eczema
- Discover practical strategies to help your child manage their eczema
- Find out what to expect from your healthcare team - in line with the latest guidance from the NHS. Look out for the blue boxes on the pages of this site. You may also find it helpful to read the NHS guidance document yourself.